From The Principal
***information regarding the return to school here
No doubt you are aware that following advice from the Department of Education and Training we will be moving to remote and flexible learning from Term 2, to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This means that all students who can learn at home must learn from home. This is a very clear directive from the Victorian Government based on the advice of the Chief Health Officer.
The Department’s latest advice on coronavirus can be found at https://www.education.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
It is important that we work together and support each other during this challenging time.
All teachers will provide their students with work for the Remote Learning period.
You might also find it useful to look at the Department’s Learning from Home website. It provides resources and guidance for teachers and parents and carers. https://www.education.vic.gov.au/…/Pa…/learningfromhome.aspx
The following information is current:
- All children who can learn from home MUST learn at home.
- The parent/carer is responsible for the student's general safety at home or elsewhere.
- Learning from home will consist of 2-3.5 hours of work per day, including literacy, numeracy, physical activity, inquiry – integrated studies and specialists (time depends on grade level of child).
- Children are eligible to undertake on-site learning on days where parents are unable to supervise them due to not being able to work from home and when no other arrangements can be made.
- On-site learning will be the same as remote/home learning to ensure equal opportunities for all, therefore 2-3.5 hours of learning time will occur in the normal school hours. The tasks will be set by the child's teacher, however children on-site will be supervised by rotating staff members throughout the day.
Students eligible to be on-site learning
If you are not able to work from home and cannot make other arrangements for your child/ren to be supervised please contact me via XUNO, Schoolzine or my email: Kinnersly.email@example.com and let me know the days you require your child/ren to be on-site learning. If your child is eligible to be on-site learning but is unwell or sick, you must make other arrangements.
I hope you are all staying safe and well at home, enjoying the cooler weather.